Knapp Lighters

NYC & LIC, NY (USA)

return to U.S. brand & manufacturer index


According to the 1945 trademark application filed by Raymond S. Knapp, the 'KNAPP' brand name had been in use since 1925. The earliest Knapp lighters were manual lift arms patented in the late 1920s, the Knapp Automatic is likely from this same era. After World War 2, Knapp began producing aluminum-alloy pocket and table lighters.


Assorted Documents

advertising, photos, patents, etc.

The Knapp Lighter

manual pocket models

Knapp Paramount

manual pocket models

Knapp Champion

manual pocket & table lighters

Knapp Automatic

full automatic pocket & table lighters

Knapp Desk & Table Lighters

semi-automatic models

Knapp Aluminum Lighters

manual pocket models